Multi-purpose video tool for live nuclear core inspection
Developed in close collaboration with EDF R&D, NOTURB® is a real-time video deblurring and processing system for live nuclear core inspections.
By increasing the quality of the core assembly video, NOTURB® reduces the inspection time required for outages and increases operator confidence in the accuracy of the inspection process.
All the functionalities are developed to facilitate the maintenance operations.
- Deblurring tool
- Measurement tool
- Calibration, Standard pattern
- Contrast enhancement
- New / Old Assemblies
- Removal of radiation-induced video noise
- Video noise = White pixel
- Recording of raw or processed videos
- Full screen or Zoom
- Text & Graphic overlay
NOTURB® is deployed extensively across the 19 EDF operated PWR fleets in France, where it has been proven to reduce the time taken for outage inspection operations.
The tool is based on a very sophisticated patented algorithm.
Case for NOTURB-1000
- Live core inspection
- Fuel assemblies identification
- Fuel assemblies gap measurement
- S-Hole verification
- FME activity
- Increased assembly inspection quality
- Reduced risk of stuck assemblies
- Reduced maintenance duration
- Patented algorithm to restore blurred videos
- Real-time video processing capabilities from files or cameras
- Supports .AVI, .MPEG, .MP4, .TS, .VOB files
- Supports PAL/NTSC camera inputs
- Raw and processed videos recording
- Measurement tools
- Image processing tools
- Text and graphic overlay
- User-friendly interface
- Power supply : 220/110V
- Operating temperature : 0°C to +50°C
- Storage temperature : -20°C to +70°C
NOTURB® serves a valuable purpose for the operators in assembly identification, and enables them to make accurate gap measurements.
NOTURB®’s user-friendly interface allows to quickly pick up all the functionalities.
TECHWAY’s video-deblurring tool can be connected to inspection cameras; the system is compatible with all camera manufacturers. NOTURB® captures and processes videos in real time. Both raw and processed videos are displayed on the same screen.
NOTURB®’s video-restoration algorithm is patented by EDF.