High-speed high-density optical communication up to 336 Gbps
Optical communications have become the new standard of data-intensive integrated systems.
TECHWAY brings you a very compact and efficient solution with the TigerFMC product range.
Taking advantage of the SAMTEC FireFly™ optical modules, TigerFMC solutions offer an overall throughput up to 336 Gbps.
FMC board (VITA 57.1) up to 10 full duplex optical links @ 10 Gbps each.
FMC+ board (VITA 57.4) up to 12 full duplex optical links @ 14 Gbps each.
- Video broadcast & switching
- Legacy system upgrade
- Electronic warfare
- Ready-to-use : 100% FMC or FMC+ compliant
- Easy-to-use : No specific firmware required
- Protocol agnostic
- Suitable for legacy issue
- Air cooled or conduction cooled
- VITA 57.1 or 57.4 compliant
- Up to 12 full duplex links
- Up to 14 Gbps per link
- Front connection : 24M-MTP connectors
- Rear connection (on demand) : MT ferules
- Programmable oscillators
- Air cooled
- Temperature range : 0°C to +55°C
- Conduction cooled
- Temperature range : -20°C to +70°C
The SAMTEC’s FireFly™ Micro Flyover System™ is the first interconnect system that gives designers the flexibility of using micro footprint optical and copper interconnects interchangeably with the same connector system.
The FireFly™ system enables chip-to-chip, board-to-board, on-board and system-to-system connectivity at data rates up to 28 Gbps. FireFly™ is based on a high-performance interconnect system which allows the use of low-cost copper cables or high-performance active optical engines.
SAMTEC copper, equalized copper and optical cable systems provide the flexibility to achieve higher data rates and/or greater distance needs while simplifying board design and enhancing performance.